BAD AXE CHAPTER – WWOA

Board of Directors Meeting, June 1, 2013

Chapter President Gary Rieniets called the Bad Axe Board of Directors (BOD) meeting to order at 9:30 am, June 1, 2013, at the Country Kitchen, Richland Center, Wisconsin.

Review of Previous Minutes

The Board reviewed and approved the minutes from the April 6, 2013 meeting.

Treasurer’s Report

-          The Treasurer’s Financial Report (attached) was presented, seconded and approved.

  1. Our Fiscal Year ends June 30.
  2. Bad Axe membership is down two persons from last year.

President’s Report

-          Gary attended several meetings on our behalf since the last BOD meeting.

-          He presented Joe Arington with a certificate of appreciation.

-          The 2013 WWOA Nomination Committee is asking if any of our members would like to be nominated for a position on the WWOA Board. The Board meets four times a year.

-          They are seeking topics for “It’s the Law” magazine articles.

Reports from other Directors

-          Paul Niederberger, Director of Member Communications, explained the new Content Management System for our Bad Axe website.

  1. We will move to the new website this month, just before publishing the next newsletter.
  2. We want to be transparent and provide as much information as possible to the public.

Change in Job Description

A motion was made, seconded and approved to add the following to the Bad Axe Vice President’s job description: “Plans and coordinates the annual Chapter meeting.” The updated job description is attached to these minutes.

Annual Meeting and Field Day

The Annual Meeting and Field Day will begin at 8:30 am (Directors are asked to be there at 7:30 am) at David and Sue Weigandt’s, 22880 Fancy Creek Lane, Richland Center. (From Richland Center, take Highway 80 North, turn left on Highway 56, go 2 ¼ miles to Fancy Creek Lane.)

PROPOSED AGENDA:

8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Registration/Coffee and Rolls

9: 15 a.m.

-          Call to order – Gary Rieniets, President

-          Last year’s Annual Meeting minutes (Nov 3, 2012) – Cecil Richardson, Secretary.

  1. Motion to approve last year’s minutes.

-          President’s Report – Gary Rieniets.

  1. Introduction of board members, chapter accomplishments from prior year, questions from members.

-          Treasurer’s Report – Dave Weigandt.

  1. End-of-year financial statement, 2013-14 budget, membership status, questions from members.

-          Field Day Reports – Jake Elder and Mike Nigl, Chairpersons.

  1. Spring field day recap, fall field day preview, questions from members.

-          Director of Communications Report – Paul Niederberger.

  1. Website and newsletter information, questions from members.

-          Nomination of Directors to serve on the BOD – Brent McCown, Vice-President.

  1. Introduction of nominee(s), call for motions from floor, motion to close nominations, motion to elect candidates.

-          Call for motion to adjourn the Annual Meeting – Gary Rieniets.

…………………………………………………………………

The following times are approximate:

10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. - Break

10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. – Field day stations (weather permitting)

12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. - Break

12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Speaker (Ken Anderson of Anderson Land Care) and BYO lunch

…………………………………………………………………………………………

1:30 p.m. – Brief BOD meeting to select officers and chairpersons

           

Things to Do (person responsible is in RED):

  1. Sign on corner of Hwy 56 and Fancy Creek Lane (JAKE)
  2. Sign in driveway directing to parking (call FSA to see if mowing is OK) (DAVE)
  3. 35 chairs and 3 large tables (registration, display, refreshments) (DIRECTORS will bring chairs and tables; CECIL will rent additional tables as needed; BRENT will let Cecil know what needs to be rented)
  4. Coffee and rolls at registration, beverages for BYO lunch (budget: $110) (JAKE)
  5. Registration table, brochures, name tags (CECIL)(Paul will provide a Master List)
  6. Field stations – Foresters, NRCS, LCS (Contact DNR guys, Ken Anderson) (JAKE)
  7. Porta potty (call Nature’s Way 608-583-2708 by June 14) budget: $90 (DAVE)
  8. Meeting agenda (CECIL will print copies)
  9. Invite Woodland Advocates and their contacts (DAVE)
  10. Tools for basic woodland management display (chain saws, hand saws, pole saw, DR Mower, backpack sprayers, bottle sprayers, portable winch, log lifter, etc.) (DAVE)
  11. Hay bales for wagon rides (PAUL)
  12. Walkie-talkies (DAVE)
  13. Look at getting forestry/woodworking tools, etc. for sale or display (MIKE)
  14. 35 copies of farm maps (PAUL)
  15. Alert neighbors of event (DAVE)
  16. Clean-up (DIRECTORS and volunteers)
  17. Silent Auction/Donation Jar

The Next BOD Meeting will be Saturday, 13 July, immediately following the Annual Meeting and Field Day.

Respectfully Submitted,

     //SIGNED//

CECIL R. RICHARDSON

Chapter Secretary