BAD AXE CHAPTER – WWOA
Board of Directors Meeting, June 1, 2013
Chapter President Gary Rieniets called the Bad Axe Board of Directors (BOD) meeting to order at 9:30 am, June 1, 2013, at the Country Kitchen, Richland Center, Wisconsin.
Review of Previous Minutes
The Board reviewed and approved the minutes from the April 6, 2013 meeting.
- The Treasurer’s Financial Report (attached) was presented, seconded and approved.
- Our Fiscal Year ends June 30.
- Bad Axe membership is down two persons from last year.
- Gary attended several meetings on our behalf since the last BOD meeting.
- He presented Joe Arington with a certificate of appreciation.
- The 2013 WWOA Nomination Committee is asking if any of our members would like to be nominated for a position on the WWOA Board. The Board meets four times a year.
- They are seeking topics for “It’s the Law” magazine articles.
Reports from other Directors
- Paul Niederberger, Director of Member Communications, explained the new Content Management System for our Bad Axe website.
- We will move to the new website this month, just before publishing the next newsletter.
- We want to be transparent and provide as much information as possible to the public.
Change in Job Description
A motion was made, seconded and approved to add the following to the Bad Axe Vice President’s job description: “Plans and coordinates the annual Chapter meeting.” The updated job description is attached to these minutes.
Annual Meeting and Field Day
The Annual Meeting and Field Day will begin at 8:30 am (Directors are asked to be there at 7:30 am) at David and Sue Weigandt’s, 22880 Fancy Creek Lane, Richland Center. (From Richland Center, take Highway 80 North, turn left on Highway 56, go 2 ¼ miles to Fancy Creek Lane.)
8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Registration/Coffee and Rolls
9: 15 a.m.
- Call to order – Gary Rieniets, President
- Last year’s Annual Meeting minutes (Nov 3, 2012) – Cecil Richardson, Secretary.
- Motion to approve last year’s minutes.
- President’s Report – Gary Rieniets.
- Introduction of board members, chapter accomplishments from prior year, questions from members.
- Treasurer’s Report – Dave Weigandt.
- End-of-year financial statement, 2013-14 budget, membership status, questions from members.
- Field Day Reports – Jake Elder and Mike Nigl, Chairpersons.
- Spring field day recap, fall field day preview, questions from members.
- Director of Communications Report – Paul Niederberger.
- Website and newsletter information, questions from members.
- Nomination of Directors to serve on the BOD – Brent McCown, Vice-President.
- Introduction of nominee(s), call for motions from floor, motion to close nominations, motion to elect candidates.
- Call for motion to adjourn the Annual Meeting – Gary Rieniets.
The following times are approximate:
10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. - Break
10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. – Field day stations (weather permitting)
12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. - Break
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Speaker (Ken Anderson of Anderson Land Care) and BYO lunch
1:30 p.m. – Brief BOD meeting to select officers and chairpersons
Things to Do (person responsible is in RED):
- Sign on corner of Hwy 56 and Fancy Creek Lane (JAKE)
- Sign in driveway directing to parking (call FSA to see if mowing is OK) (DAVE)
- 35 chairs and 3 large tables (registration, display, refreshments) (DIRECTORS will bring chairs and tables; CECIL will rent additional tables as needed; BRENT will let Cecil know what needs to be rented)
- Coffee and rolls at registration, beverages for BYO lunch (budget: $110) (JAKE)
- Registration table, brochures, name tags (CECIL)(Paul will provide a Master List)
- Field stations – Foresters, NRCS, LCS (Contact DNR guys, Ken Anderson) (JAKE)
- Porta potty (call Nature’s Way 608-583-2708 by June 14) budget: $90 (DAVE)
- Meeting agenda (CECIL will print copies)
- Invite Woodland Advocates and their contacts (DAVE)
- Tools for basic woodland management display (chain saws, hand saws, pole saw, DR Mower, backpack sprayers, bottle sprayers, portable winch, log lifter, etc.) (DAVE)
- Hay bales for wagon rides (PAUL)
- Walkie-talkies (DAVE)
- Look at getting forestry/woodworking tools, etc. for sale or display (MIKE)
- 35 copies of farm maps (PAUL)
- Alert neighbors of event (DAVE)
- Clean-up (DIRECTORS and volunteers)
- Silent Auction/Donation Jar
The Next BOD Meeting will be Saturday, 13 July, immediately following the Annual Meeting and Field Day.
CECIL R. RICHARDSON