BAD AXE CHAPTER – WWOA
Board of Directors Meeting, April 6, 2013
Chapter President Gary Rieniets called the Bad Axe Board of Directors meeting to order at 2:20 pm, April 6, 2013, at the Sportsman’s Club, Muscoda, WI.
Review of Previous Minutes
The Board reviewed and approved the minutes from the February 9, 2013 meeting.
- The Treasurer’s Financial Report (attached) was presented, seconded and approved.
- We are about even with last year—both in finances and membership.
Bad Axe Annual Meeting and Pot Luck
- The Annual Meeting and Pot Luck will be Saturday, July 13 at John and Carol Nielson’s Farm in Richland County.
- The following ideas/suggestions were presented for consideration:
- The event will be a field day, a business meeting, and a pot luck picnic
- Invite the public to attend
- We could have a silent auction
- Ask foresters to discuss tree identification, where trees grow best, basic forestry, the Managed Forest Law, chemicals, etc.
- Talks/presentations should be geared toward the novice or new landowner
- We could invite some private foresters (they have a different perspective)
- We could break the larger group into groups of 5 or 6 persons; it would be more manageable, and it would help people get to know each other better
- Question: Do we need to rent a tent? How much would it cost?
- Question: Do we need to rent portable toilets?
- Question: Where do we get name badges (for Cecil and Mike)?
The Next Meeting will be Saturday, 1 June, 9:30 am at the White House (Country Kitchen) in Richland Center.
CECIL R. RICHARDSON