Bad Axe Annual Meeting and Field Day, Saturday, July 14, 2018
9:30 am – 2:00 pm.
Cecil and Jan Richardson’s Hideaway Hills Tree Farm
22621 County Highway NN
Richland Center, WI 53581
Order of Events
9:00 -9:30 a.m. - Registration ($5 per person)
9:30 -10:30 a.m. - Annual Business Meeting:
- Call to Order –Brent McCown, Chapter President
- President’s Report and Introduction of Board Members
- Treasurer’s Report
- Website and Newsletter information
- Questions from Members
- Nominations and Election of Bad Axe Board of Directors
10:30 -11:30 a.m. –- Prescribed Burningas a Land Management ToolJim Elleson, QuercusLand Stewardship Services
11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. - Lunch
12:30 - 2:00 p.m. - Walking tour of the Richardson burned areas with Jim Elleson.
Bring a lunch and a lawn chair. Snacks and drinks will be provided.
22621 County Highway NN; (608) 585-2200; Cell: 475-1870
From Richland Center, travel east on Route 14.
- Turn left (north) on Highway 58 (toward Ithaca).
- Travel 3.2 miles, and turn left on County Highway N.
- Follow Highway N 1.5 miles. It runs directly to County Highway NN.
- Proceed 1.3 miles on NN. Hideaway Hills is on the right. There is a WWOA sign and a “Hideaway Hills” sign by the fire number.
Bad Axe Chapter
Field Days for 2018
While you are waiting for Spring, check out the WWOA Events Calendar.
There are a number of Woodland seminars happening in February and March . Links are on the Calendar.
Spring Field Day, Saturday, May 5, 2018
Theme is Wild Flowers Identification in your woodlot and adjoining fields. Location is at the woodlot of Dale and Phil Grimm
Annual Meeting, Saturday, July 14, 2018
Theme is What Happens after a Prescribed Burn. Location is at the woodlot of Jan and Cecil Richardson outside of Richland Center, WI.
Fall Field Day, Saturday, October 13, 2018
Theme is Preparing for and Having a Woodland Harvest. Location to be Determined.