If you are not a member of WWOA, you can join by clicking on the WWOA Icon to the left.
Make sure to indicate that you were referred by the Bad Axe Chapter.
We are here to:
- Further good forest stewardship, management, and sustainability of woodlands
- Encourage the application of sound silviculture with proven management practices
- Sponsor and support educational and social events of interest to our members
- Inform our members of useful forestry resources and assistance programs
Message from the Bad Axe Chapter President
MESSAGE FROM THE BADAXE CHAIR
The Board of the BadAxe chapter feels that every year, a variety of conferences are held that are directed to woodland owners. Instead of our chapter attempting to duplicate such events, especially during the winter period, we strongly encourage everyone to attend one of more of these regional conferences. Most have been held for years and thus are very well-organized and well-attended. We feel that our efforts should complement these informative conferences with field days and other hands-on events held during the growing season.
Most conferences include experienced speakers and workshops on a diversity of topics important to woodland owners in the BadAxe region. Each conference will emphasize particular topics but may include:
- Woodland and stewardship management
- Managed Forest Law and other regulation updates
- Invasives manangement and awareness
- Ticks and other threats to forest owners
- Timber Sale Basics/Marketing
- Tools for woodland management (for example, web programs and drones).
- Timber taxes
- Wildlife and other non-timber forest production
Another advantage of participating in such conferences is to gain contact with knowledgeable professionals as well as with a diversity of folks holding common interests in land management.
Recommended conferences include the following (with how to get more details):
February 3: Southeast Wisconsin Woodland Owners Conference Cosponsored by Seno K/RLT Conservancy at. Waukesha Community Technical College. http://senokrlt.org/
February 17: Blackhawk Chapter Woodland Owners Conference, 8am to 3pm, American Family Insurance, 6000 American Pkwy, Madison, WI 53783, USA https://mywisconsinwoods.org/event/south-central-woodland-owner-conference/
March 10: Tri-State Forestry Conference at Sinsinawa County. This conference is large but is designed specifically for landowners in the Midwest. Sinsinawa mound is located on Z Rd or for GPS users the mound is at 585 Sinsinawa Rd. Sinsinawa, Wi. 53824. https://www.extension.iastate.edu/forestry/tri_state/introduction.html
September 20: WWOA Annual conference. Potawatomi Carter Casino Hotel, 618 WI-32, Wabeno, WI 54566, USA http://wisconsinwoodlands.org/annual-meeting-2/
Hope to see you are one of these fine events and then at our field days (which are being planned but not yet fully determined).